Wayne Pocock is a member of the Johannesburg Society of Advocates and holds chambers at Maisels Group of Advocates based in Sandton.
As a general commercial litigator, he has appeared in the High Courts of Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town, the Supreme Court of Appeal in Bloemfontein.
The nature of Wayne’s tax practice includes the following:
- Appearing for and against SARS in tax and customs related disputes
- Representing taxpayers in tax enquiries against SARS
- Challenging SARS in litigation related to setting aside search and seizure and preservation
- Interrogating witnesses for SARS in insolvency proceedings to establish proof of tax debt
- Appearing in general tax related matters in motion court
- Advising on, amongst other things, objections, appeals, compromise proposals and
instalment payment agreements
Wayne is currently completing a Master’s Degree in Taxation at Wits University, which focuses on local and international tax.